Location: Remote. We are located in Plainfield, IL
Start Date: Summer/Fall 2018
Hours/Week: Full time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: 401(k) with matching, healthcare reimbursement, paid vacation.
eTraining is a provider of online workplace safety training and certification courses with an intense focus on quality and customer service. We provide training to customers in a wide variety of industries and across platforms (computer based, iPhone, iPad, Android), all through our website. Think of us as the Lynda.com of the safety world.
We are looking for an instructional design beast – someone who dreams at night about blending the line that separates live classroom instruction from online learning. Someone who appreciates good visual design, interactive games, and scenario based learning. And who is passionate about channeling this creativity with effective and efficient delivery, primarily using Articulate Storyline 3 software.
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to take what they’ve learned in their career and apply it to a fresh opportunity. We are a small company experiencing a lot of growth and want to fill this role with somebody who can help us move the needle and do work that matters.
Had you been with us the last couple of months, you would have:
- Led the ground-up, mobile optimized design and build out of 2 new Silica dust safety courses, coordinating with a narrator and subject matter expert to ensure the smooth delivery of and launch of this course to customers all over the country.
- Troubleshot and implemented a fix for technical issues some customers experienced when taking training on Microsoft Edge browser.
- Completely redesigned an older course originally published in Presenter, ensuring smooth playback of all course functions on mobile devices.
- Created and presented a list of possible efficiency improvements
To be a good fit for this job, you must have:
- Experience in, and an obsession with creating good training – you should be familiar with best practices and keep up with industry trends. You probably have a favorite E-Learning or design related podcast or blog.
- A strong bias toward execution. You love working independently and thrive when given freedom and flexibility. You don’t need a babysitter.
- Experience working remotely, as efficiently as if you were at our office, without distractions. You can hop on a call quickly to answer or ask questions or whip up a screencast to show a solution.
- Fluency with Articulate’s software, especially Storyline. And full knowledge of how to maximize it’s capabilities.
- Residence in a North American time zone
We focus on results, collaboration, and learning fast. The ideal candidate for this position will be looking for a long-term opportunity with advancement potential.
If the above requirements apply to you, and you have the experience described, please send your resume via email with a PDF attachment (not MS Word) to Niall@etraintoday.com with the subject “E-Learning Developer Application”. Any applications not submitted as PDF or submitted without the correct subject line will not be considered. Additionally, in your email, please provide either direct links to course examples you’ve created, or a direct link to your overall portfolio. These links to your course samples should showcase your capabilities, be easily played on the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox, and when possible, be training modules of some sort.